Seeking Awe

 This is a recent journey I shared with members of The Way of The Buzzard Mystery School members. We were encouraged to journey to the Lower World and to seek out Awe. Finding awe in ones life is a way to find happiness in what can be a depressing mundane world. It is something I struggle with most of the time - I have to be away from people and in Nature to find Awe in the "real" world.

"Just done the Awe seeking journey. I normally don't find much awe in the mundane human world but my Otherworld journeys can be pretty Awesome.


In my normal life I have to be away from people in Nature to experience real awe so this journey was a good excuse for a little escapism. I journeyed to the lower world with my usual companions, Wolf and Crow. When we emerged, a pure white Mare was waiting for me. She introduced herself as Epona and invited me to climb aboard. (Awesome!).

The four of us sped through a beautiful forest until we came to a tall waterfall that crashed into a small, crystal clear lake. There was a rainbow in the cascading water - Awesome!

I took off my cloak and jumped into the water followed by Wolf. There were huge Carp swimming with us. Wolf and I climbed out and I dried her off with my cloak before putting it back on.

I jumped back on Epona and travelled back through the forest. I said goodbye and thank you to Epona and returned with Wolf and Crow to my Axis Mundi.

When back in the mundane world I looked out of the window and low and behold, there was a perfect rainbow in the sky - Awesome!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opinions and Warnings

Astral Bodies and the OBE

How To Learn Shamanism