Good Grief

This was my experience of a guided shamanic journey I did on 4/7/2026 with Jason from The Way of The Buzzard Mystery School. I have previously shared this on TWOTB Mystery School private Facebook page. The subject of the journey was Grief - the intention being to discover how grief has affected me.

I wasn't sure whether to share this or not as I don't usually share my journey experiences, but, as others have shared their experiences from the July journey circle, I thought i would give my experience. Firstly, I have to say I have never been a fan of "guided" journeys but as grief was a subject I would never normally explore, I gave it a go.

I chose to journey from my regular Axis Mundi - an ancient hollow Yew tree in the village where I spent the first 8 years of my life. From there I travelled with my Animal guide to a nearby stream with a man made waterfall where the stream splits into two before powering a disused watermill.

As I sat in the meadow on the bank of the Mill pond, my friend and possibly my "ancestor ally", Magpie appeared (a black and white pony that belonged to my mother when she was a girl), together with my mother as she was when she was about 12 years old. 
Then my maternal grandmother arrived appearing to be in her mid thirties. Magpie had brought two people to me who had died without me feeling any grief for their passing! And she had brought them as she would have known them when she was alive in our Middle World. (I of course never knew my Mum and my Gran when they were that age). 


I often wondered why I had no feelings of grief when my Gran died and even more so when my Mum passed - all I felt was relief that they were no longer suffering!

Both my mum and gran greeted me like a long lost friend and said I did not need to feel guilty about my feelings - they knew that I loved them in my own way. (They had both struggled to show me love when they were alive).

Then Magpie brought out the dessert! My favourite two dogs, Sam and Fubsy and my favourite cat, Kit - these are "people" I had grieved for and shed many tears. In fact I still miss them.
So, even though I didn't really identify with the subject of this months journey circle, I ended up with an amazing and unexpected emotional experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opinions and Warnings

Astral Bodies and the OBE

How To Learn Shamanism